Universal Access To All Knowledge
Home Donate | Store | Blog | FAQ | Jobs | Volunteer Positions | Contact | Bios | Forums | Projects | Terms, Privacy, & Copyright

Poster: Administrator, Curator, or StaffTyler Date: Apr 25, 2010 2:53pm
Forum: etree Subject: Re: Weezer shows on LMA

I have actually spoken in person with Karl (the '5th member' of the band) about Weezer on the LMA in 2005 or so.

http://www.weezer.com/blog/
(Karl's Korner)

He wasn't that into it / would not give an 'official' okay. He was saying that weezer's level in the BTAT / taping world is that they look the other way / know it happens, but won't officially promote taping / say it's okay. For the Tenacious D tour of 2002 they even went as far as saying 'if you want to tape, here's karl's e-mail address. hit him up and he'll bring your stand / gear into the show and set it up for you in the SBD area. But we still won't officially say it's okay.

In the present day, the slew of live-releases they have just put out:

http://www.weezer.com/live/

http://app.topspin.net/store/weezer/963/fsudigital?aId=963&;cId=10043582&highlightColor=0x00A1FF&theme=black&wId=18806

For Sale may cramp their style / interest in providing live recordings for free on somewhere like the LMA.

I think for weezer unfortunately it's just 'grey area' places like torrents / the traders' den / dimeadozen....

Poster: smushmuffin Date: Apr 25, 2010 9:04pm
Forum: etree Subject: Re: Weezer shows on LMA

So does that mean we can't put up =w= shows on here?

If not, do you think I'd get in trouble w. the record label if I started a =w= bootleg archive? Like a blog with download links to their shows? Is that legal, or not?

Poster: Administrator, Curator, or StaffTyler Date: Apr 25, 2010 9:23pm
Forum: etree Subject: Re: Weezer shows on LMA

"So does that mean we can't put up =w= shows on here?"

Yes, you cannot. The band has not explicitly approved their shows to be on archive.org so you cannot upload them here. Sorry.

for your other question, ask them directly. they may write you back!

Poster: briansemerick Date: Mar 22, 2012 7:55am
Forum: etree Subject: Re: Weezer shows on LMA

On the bright side, they are still doing instant live purchase shows. I just grabbed both the 2011 Chicago shows, glad to have them. Especially at the Aragon where audience pulls sound like crap. I'm happy to pay $10 a show for a band I like.

Poster: Administrator, Curator, or StaffTyler Date: Apr 28, 2010 10:40pm
Forum: etree Subject: Re: Weezer shows on LMA

new short answer: def. no

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=110249.new;topicseen#new

I'm just adding a more recent update. This is about as an official word as is possible...."no more taping".